I’m sure some of you would already have heard about the Hollywood Peel aka Carbon Laser Peel.
(Note: There is NO skin peeling involved though its name may suggest otherwise 🙂 )
But for those who have not, it is a treatment performed with a Q-Switch laser (in this case the Spectra XT) to:
- Gets rid of overlying dead skin and debris
- Even out skin tone,
- Tighten Pores,
- Regulate sebum production (good for those with acne and oily skin!)
- Collagen stimulation
Perhaps one of the biggest draws about this treatment is that it is quick with NO downtime.
Additionally, topical numbing cream is applied prior to the procedure and as such, it is a very comfortable process with hardly any pain.
There are 4 steps involved in this treatment:
- Application of a topical carbon photoenhancer on the face after which the Spectra XT laser is used to stimulate collagen. Just some heat is felt at this step.
- The carbon photoenhancer is shot off and it may sound loud but no pain is felt. Skin is brightened with this step.
- Evening out of skin tone continues…
- Additional heat to further improve the pores.
The end result is really a clearer-looking appearance and brightening of the skin that gives a glow and radiance.
The Hollywood Peel is a non-intensive treatment that can even be done up to once a week.
So if you’re looking for a treatment to brighten up the skin and with NO downtime, then this might be of interest to you.
Below are some links and reviews to give you a clearer idea on what The Hollywood Peel is really like… Enjoy! 🙂
Video link: The Hollywood Peel